What I've Been Up To




Life moves forward pretty quickly.

No matter how we try to adjust, organize, slow things down, it seems that each blink jumps time ahead six months to a year.

Though only seven months into 2018, there have been quite a few changes happening.  A few of them are:
  • Our youngest finished her first year away at college
  • I decided to cut back on painting ornaments (something that I have been doing for 12+ years)
  • I completed a 4 week intensive online workshop, working with other really creative, entrepreneurial people through 13 projects, stretching my thinking and shipping skills *
  • I started a new job
  • I have committed to my own health and fitness, joining a challenge group, and an online workout program, and looking to help others along the way
*Here is a link to one of the posts I wrote for one of the projects for that workshop:

As I come through this month, I am finding my mind is running in quite a few directions, so trying to prioritize.  I have a stack of books I have been meaning to read, but also need to find a solid Bible study or reading plan to get me back into that book first!  (Let me know of any suggestions!)

I want to get back to writing, for processing, but also have been thinking about writing a memoir.  That idea has been running around in my mind for a while now, but during the workshop some of the projects we worked on seemed to point to that idea more and more. I would like to start noting the ideas for that, and have picked up a couple of books about the process, but also have a memoir to read.

My job is going well, but still working on getting up to speed on processes and products.  I am enjoying the people I work with, and the team seems to have a great camaraderie that is nice to be a part of.

My health and fitness used to be a non-issue, when I was younger and really didn't need to think about it much.  But the stress of adulting, not to mention desk jobs and lack of exercise for, ahem, several years, has really taken a toll.  I just started this part of my journey about a month ago, but am already seeing improvements, which is exciting, so I have signed on as a coach to help others!  (If you want to hear more details on this, let me know, and I would be happy to fill you in!)

So that is a quick summary of some of the ideas running through my head.  Each of these has quite a few other currents running along with them, but I'm trying to break it down into manageable pieces, making lists, and getting organized.

Do you have a process for making lists or setting goals?  I would love to hear about them!

Until next time...

Holly




Comments

Popular Posts