Random Thoughts That Run Through My Head


It has been a little while since I've written anything here, so just an update on, well, not much!

I'm just sharing some of the thoughts that are currently either taking up residence, or running through my head.

While I have at least two projects that I really no, I mean REALLY, need to finish, I am thinking about taking a sabbatical of sorts when they are finished.  Which would mean putting the Etsy shop in vacation mode, and pausing my thought process for new things to list, or talk about, or post on Facebook.

This means that I could totally free up this brain space for things that I want to work on, or get back to - like taking the time to go for a walk with my camera, play piano without guilt, and use my own perspective to capture things that interest me.  As a creative thinker, you would imagine I did that automatically.  Well, I used to.  But with the idea of a "creative business", I feel a little more pressure to try to make things that are more popular right now, or things that other people might like.  As a people-pleaser, that tends to equal pressure on myself to do the right thing, make sure people know it's there, and get that thing done and listed.  NOW!

And I don't know about you, but my human nature kicks in when I feel a "HAVE to" I respond with an "I don't WANT to!"  And procrastination takes over.  It is an exhausting exchange of thoughts and ideas and nothing really getting accomplished.

I do work full time, so my creative time is a little more limited to the hours between getting home from work, getting dinner ready, and helping with homework.  And yes, there are days I use that as an excuse.  I'm human after all. 

My busy season tends to be November and December, as most of what people know me for is custom Christmas ornaments.  I am extremely grateful for people who have contacted me for those orders, and hope that those one-of-a-kind gifts will begin to create or extend wonderful family memories. 

But from the business side of thinking, I'm not sure I can grow this to something more.  So do I keep plugging away with what I have, or set it aside for now, and for those who know me, and as a hobby, I can help when and where I can.

Any thoughts, suggestions or opinions?  I would love to hear about them!

Comments

Popular Posts